Healthcare jobs are rapidly on the increase compared to any other field, with the help of technological advancements in medical diagnosis/treatments as well as an aging population.
The older generations require more healthcare services and healthcare innovations increase the use of medication as well as the clamor for treatment facilities.
The healthcare sector may provide job opportunities to healthcare specialists and other notable fields like accounting, computer programmers but our attention in this article is directed towards healthcare professionals.
Only healthcare professionals with a high level of training and operational skills can offer health services. In this article, we will take a look at the different healthcare jobs out there in the workforce.
This list is rather signifying than extensive.
- Dentists, chiropractors, optometrists, veterinarians and physicians are specialists with a varying degree of training.
- Others are technicians and technologists in clinical laboratory, EKG, EEG, nuclear medicine, surgical procedures and radiology.
- There are also health technicians such as dispensing opticians, dental hygienists as well as emergency medical technicians.
- There are also dietitians and nutritionists, physical, occupational, recreational and respiratory therapists as well as speech pathologists.
- Pharmacists as well as pharmacy technicians.
- Registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, nursing aides as well as psychiatric aides.
- Home care nurses, health aides, medical assistants as well as social workers.
- Medical billing specialist, coding specialist, patient account representative as well as insurance claims/reimbursement specialists.
- Medical records technicians.
- Medical transcriptionists.
One can already tell how expansive the healthcare field is and it gets even more as technological innovations in treatment and diagnosis develop.
Healthcare Jobs Information Resources
To be considered a professional in any of the healthcare positions listed, one needs to undergo specialized training, certification and licensing.
Unlicensed practitioners are denied entry into the sector.
Professionals get licensed in different states in the US, whichever state you may find yourself, licensing regulations of that state applies to you.
You can get information concerning different healthcare jobs through a variety of sources.
The US Department of Labor expects a rising demand in many different healthcare sector roles.
Many of such published reports can help you select a healthcare career that best suits your skills and qualifications.
Feel free to also browse our career articles to research healthcare careers that appeal to you.
Information you can discover ranges from:
- Work description
- Required education, skills, and training to acquire such position.
- Both training schools and admission process.
- Certification and licensing protocols such as the significance of an internship.
- Career advancement paths signaling potential growth in overall job satisfaction and income.
- Current earning categories in each healthcare job.
- Healthcare professional, technician groups and associations.
With so much opportunity in the healthcare sector, you are bound to find a great fit.